Wednesday 12 June 2013

Grumpy

Poor Misty came face to face with grumpy human the other night.  It wasn't her fault, nor was it mine.  I've never liked storms but since I started going deaf they don't bother me the same now.  This one was really loud, with lots of lightening and loads of rain.  It was so loud even I could hear it, well I heard the tornado warning on the telly, so I sought comfort with my human... by trying to climb on her head.  Misty isn't a great fan of thunder either and she was trying to hide under my human's shirt, which she was wearing at the time.  Unfortunately the human was preoccupied trying to move furniture and carpet and mop up a growing pool of water that was seeping in from the garden that was quickly turning into a swimming pool  She didn't see our close presence as being all that helpful and got a bit cross with us. 

Luckily both the storm and the grumpiness were short lived and we got loads of make-up treats and ear rubs.  No real damage to the house although my favourite room resembles a junk shop with furniture and carpet piled in the middle.  Even my bed was relocated to higher ground.  I'm glad I brought my toys in earlier - poor bunny would have been washed away. 

We have another round of storms coming tonight and tomorrow.  The human has been busy in the garden building what looks like something from a Heath Robinson cartoon.  She is confident it will keep the water out this time, and if not she bought a wet vac and a large bottle of gin.  I guess if her contraption doesn't work she'll give up, drink the gin and deal with it later.  Just as a precaution I'm going to move my toys upstairs... you know, just for their own safety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment